Young songwriters from across the Bass Coast and South Gippsland area are invited to put pen to paper and enter their original song in Green Room Concept Studios first annual Songwriting Competition!
This competition is open to all young songwriters in the Bass Coast and South Gippsland area aged between 12-18 years of age.
There are three tiers of prizes available, an over all winner, and two age group winners. The age groups are 12-15 and 16-18
Entries Open:September 7th
Entries Close: October 9th
The winner of the song writing competition will get their song
professionally recorded, produced and released as well as
12-15 Age Group Prize
x1 Presonus Recording Bundle & $150 cash!
16-18 Age Group Prize
x1 Presounus Recording Bundle & $200 cash
On top of this there will also be some honourable mentions and
How AWESOME are our judges!!
• All entries must be submitted online no later than Midnight on Friday the 9th of October, 2020. GRCS reserves the right to extend this date under reasonable circumstances, at its discretion.
• Entries are entered independently. All entries are eligible for the prizes that correspond to their age group.
• All entrants must adhere to the age limit of the competition. You must be no younger than 12 years old as of the 9th of October 2020 and no older than 18 years old as of the 9th of October 2020.
• The entrant must be a writer or co-writer (with another student aged 18 or younger) of the song entered.
• Entrants must not have had assistance in the writing of the song from a person who is not aged 18 or younger. If you do receive help they MUST go down as a co-writer.
• Individual entrants must enter their composition in the school year grouping that is their current school year.
• Entrants must reside within the Bass Coast or South Gippsland shire areas.
• The entry fee of $15 must be paid before submission information is sent.
• Songs may be written by composers working together in a group (no more than two). If an entry is submitted by a group, the composition must be entered in the category appropriate to the eldest songwriter.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
• There is no limit to the number of individual songs individuals or groups may enter but the same song cannot be entered more than once.
• Each song entered must have its own entry form, and be accompanied by a video file and accompanying song lyrics.
• Entries must be the exclusive original work of the entrant(s) and must not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of third parties.
• Entries must not have been previously entered in any competition.
• Song entries must have both lyrics and music.
•Purely instrumental works are also eligible for submission.
• Compositions that have been commercially released and/or are available for sale or monetisation through streaming channels are not eligible for entry.
• Failure to properly and honestly complete any required sections of the entry form will make the entry ineligible
LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH
• Where a song has been composed in a language other than English, a full written translation of the song in English must be provided.
• Recordings must be submitted online via the link sent to you after paying your entry fee as a VIDEO via a Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox link. Make sure that the permissions are set so anyone can view.
• Each entry must be labelled with the entrants name, song title, and age.
• Lyrics must also be included with the entry
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY RECEIPT
• A confirmation of entry receipt will be sent to the email address provided on the entry form within one day of receipt of entry. If you have not received confirmation for your entry within 24 hours of submission to GRCS, then please email us at
• All entries will be subject to a preliminary judging round before the finalists are selected and presented to the final judging panel. The Judges’ decision at both the preliminary and final round is final with no exceptions, and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Production values of the song recording will not be judged. The judging will be for the songwriting, not the recording.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
• Winners will be posted on the GRCS website and Facebook Page on completion of the judging process, after winning entrants have been informed via phone and/or email. A Prize Claim letter will be sent to winning entrants.
• Winners in each category will receive a certificate and the nominated prizes for the category. Please consult the prizes list at https://www.greenroomconceptstudios.com/song-writing-comp for more information
• In the event of a winning entry being a song with more than one composer the allocation of the prize is a matter to be determined by the winning group.
• All prizes must be claimed within four months of issuance of the Prize Claim letter and form.
• Prizes not claimed within this period will be forfeited and will remain the property of GRCS.
• Prizes cannot be exchanged
• Prizes must be redeemed in Australia only.
• Prize monies will be paid either through EFT or bank cheque. This will be at the discretion of GRCS.
• By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that entry materials may be used by GRCS for non-sale promotional purposes. This may include placing samples of the winning entries and reproducing the winning lyrics on the GRCS website and social media. The rights and ownership of the songs will remain with the composers.
PROTECTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
• GRCS will not use or distribute the entrant’s personal information for marketing or any other purposes. All personal information shall be destroyed within a reasonable time after the determination of winners.
PERFORMANCE AND MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES.
• By entering the competition, winners of the National Songwriting Competition automatically agree, where possible, to publicly perform their winning song at the request of GRCS for a 12-month period from the close of the competition. Entrants also agree to conduct various interviews if requested by GRCS.